WeVeel™ Toys & Stationery, has been listed #27 Fastest Growing US Company in Inc. Magazine’s 2014 top 500 List. (#1 company overall in Pennsylvania) WeVeel™ is a leading manufacturer, and global distributor of innovative and creative party, stationery, craft and toy products. WeVeel™ brands include Scentos®, Chalkadoos®, Sugar Rush®, Twistios®, Gelbies®, Scentoids® and more. WeVeel™ Brands sell to global retail customers including; Walmart, Target, Michaels Stores, Toys R’ us, ASDA, TESCO and more. Our mission is to create “A Whole New World of Creativity” by introducing surprising new ways to create, share and experience color and design.
Under the supervision of the Art Director, the Designer will work, in conjunction with the Brand Manager as well as with other members of the design team, to design and develop new product for WeVeel Brand Toys & Stationery including product and / or packaging as well as develop ideas and concepts for new products, programs, planograms and displays. This position requires a strong desire to design product and packaging in consumer product goods or other children’s items such as; stationery, toys, activities, arts & crafts, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Design and /or illustrate new product and / or product packaging using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work from concept to finished art on the computer for items to send to our printers both domestic and overseas.
- Continue to update computer skills and experiment with new software updates and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing computer files.
- Develop and implement new product ideas.
- Assist with mock-ups when necessary.
- Keep product die-line file up to date with revised sizes and new additions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in either; Illustration, Industrial Design, Package Design or Graphic Design from a major Art School or University.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite software are required.
- Traditional sketching Skills are preferred but not required.
- Vector Illustration Skills are preferred but not required.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication with others in the company is necessary.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including sizes and color percentages.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year art college or university.
- 1- 3 years related experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.